Master of Science (MSc) Sustainable Business Strategy
After a 3 or 4-year Degree
The aim of the MSc Sustainable Business Strategy programme is to give students the strategic, managerial and behavioural skills they will need to oversee environmental (CSR) and digital transformations in businesses and organisations. It is designed to allow students to acquire several key skills: critical thinking on CSR developments and strategies, solid knowledge of financing and strategic management; an understanding of industries and of corporate organisation and governance, leadership, a good command of assessment and steering tools, and techniques for creating and drafting communication media.
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- A programme 100% taught in English.
- Smaller class sizes: 25 students.
- A qualification for developing excellent professional skills through learning in project mode, prioritising experience in the field and solving actual problems.
- Top-level professor-researchers, taken from EM Normandie and internationally renowned institutions.
- A unique course compared with similar programmes: the only course that places a central focus on strategic vision.
- Two essential and complementary pillars: organisational transformation and responsibility.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a major issue for businesses. The industries involved in the CSR process are developing rapidly, under pressure from changes to regulations, social norms and the expectations of investors and clients. We therefore created a programme that delivers the strategic, managerial and behavioural skills required to oversee this strategic transformation and to accomplish environmental (CSR) and technological transitions.
- Consulting Skills
- Sustainability as a business
- Impact investing and social entrepreneurship
- Corporate governance and business ethics
- Global strategy and sustainable supply chains
- Resarch methods
- Business analytics for sustainability
- Responsible leadership
- Creativity and social innovation
- Digital transformation and sustainability
- Digitalisation and corporate finance
- Cases in ethical and sustainable development
- Change management and organizational transormation
- Business models and performance
- Leading in multicultural environments
- Digital disruption and industry 4.0
- Critical issues in management
- Learning expedition 1: High-impact business
- Learning expedition 2: Transforming and reorganising a business
- Career Path
- 2 Learning Expeditions
- Internship: 4 to 6 months
- Professional thesis
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
Electives 2 and 3
- Candidates must hold a four-year degree in Higher Education (4-year Bachelor Degree, BBA, Master 1, or equivalent). Other profiles may be accepted in derogation from these criteria.
- This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent). Tuition fees on request.
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype. This interview helps clarify the applicants profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate's seat in the programme and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
More information about the Two-year MSc Track : 2-year MSc.
No English language test score is required for students holding a degree from an English-speaking university. For other applicants, language requirements are: TOEIC 790, IELTS 6, TOEFL 83.
Due to the covid-19 situation and the closure of some Exams Centres, we do offer the possibility for the candidate to take a Language Test online if needed for their application to one of our programme ; don’t hesitate to contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for our students to benefit from optimal learning conditions, places in our programmes are limited. The number of remaining places is reviewed after each admission session. Whenever a cohort is full, admissions for the programme are closed.
The application deadline for the next admission session is every 15th of the month.
In addition to the EM Normandie application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
- Junior Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Developer
- Project Manager
- Strategic Analyst
- Social Auditor
- Supply Chain Manager
- CSR Manager
- Strategic Development Manager
- Sustainable Development Manager
General information regarding the employment market
Over the past few years, CSR has become a tool for management, communication and development in businesses. Companies no longer focus solely on their profits: they are adopting responsible behaviour that takes account of the impact of their business on the environment, on employees and on all stakeholders involved. The result is that industries devoted to CSR are booming, with heavy demand for junior profiles to fill CSR Manager, Consultant or Project Manager roles.
Example of positions
Tuition fees and funding
- MSc Sustainable Business Strategy: €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €95, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2023-2024
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2023.
Download your content