Post-master degree (MS®) Marketing, Communication and Agrifood Engineering
After a 4 or 5-year Degree
New food trends, Big Data, or even marketing, there is no shortage of challenges for the agri-food industry to accompany the evolution of this industry and promote its values to consumers.
This training course has been designed with and for companies in the food sector. It aims to train experts in the food industry food industry in the fields of marketing, communication and and sales by developing three main skills: Innovation, Digital and International.
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- A double competence, managerial and scientific, thanks to the partnership between an engineering school and a business school
- Teaching provided by professionals from the agri-food sector (consultants, experts and company managers)
- Professional training alternating between missions and challenges in companies, business dating, professional conferences, etc.
With more than 170 billion euros in annual revenues, the Food Industry is a major player in France, Europe, in the Middle East and throughout the world. Normandy, a historically agricultural region and agri-food industry is a land of exceptional hospitality for cooperatives, SMEs and agri food business mutlinationals. Based on a field pedagogy, this post-master degree provides future executives of the agri-food sector with dual Marketing and Scientific competence, which is essential to respond to this industry’s issues, and trains tomorrow’s decision-makers in an inspired, involved, social, and innovative way.
Assistant Professor in Management and Marketing Service
ACQUISITION OF KNOWLEDGE
An elective of your choice
For students with an engineering background:
- Marketing of agri-food products
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Global Key Account Manager
- Brand strategy
For students with a business/management background:
- Overview of certifications and standards in the food industry
- Food quality and risk management
- Food science
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN OPERATIONAL MARKETING PLAN
- Design and development of offline operational marketing plans
- Management of offline operational marketing plans for food products and brands
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A DIGITAL MARKETING PLAN
- Defining the communication and digital marketing strategy of a food brand
- Managing the communication and digital marketing strategy of a food brand
FOOD MARKET MONITORING AND RESEARCH
- New food trends
- CSR and sustainable marketing
- Consumer and retailer panels
DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING OF INNOVATIVE AGRI-FOOD PRODUCTS
- Design and/or adaptation of an innovative food product
- Definition and implementation of the commercial strategy of a food product
MANAGEMENT OF A TEAM/ MARKETING DEPARTMENT
- Cost analysis for food project
- Collective management practices
- Supply chain management
- Agile project management
- Integrative projects
- Career Path
- Serious Game, Markstrat® Simulation, focused on the marketing strategy of a company in the B2C sector.
- 2-week in-company challenge: propose a marketing strategy for a company in the food sector.
- 5-week in-company assignment: working in groups on a real company problem. Depending on the year, the themes are: developing a new range of food products, creating a co-branding offer for a champagne brand, proposing a marketing strategy for a new agri-food brand (or for a company in the social and solidarity economy).
- 6-month internship, in France or abroad.
- Professional thesis or dissertation.
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
The coursework takes place on the UniLaSalle campus in Mont-Saint-Aignan, near Rouen.
The programme values the link between academic theoretical input and real case studies, which enable you to develop the analytical skills and the detached viewpoint required of future experts in the agri-food business.
- Master's degree or equivalent ("Bac+ 5" or 5 years after secondary education / Baccalaureate)
- 4-year undergraduate degree with 3 years of professional experience (internships excluded).
- If French is not the candidate’s first language, a language certification (DELF/DALF = C1)
- Exceptionally the admissions board may accept applications that do not meet the formal criteria listed above but appear exceptional on other aspects (academic excellence, community work, international experience, internships, etc.)
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype. This interview helps clarify the applicants profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate's seat in the programme and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
The programme is open to students holding the following degrees:
In order for our students to benefit from optimal learning conditions, places in our programmes are limited. The number of remaining places is reviewed after each admission session. Whenever a cohort is full, admissions for the programme are closed.
The application deadline admission session is every 15th of the month.
In addition to the EM Normandy application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
- Brand Manager
- Category Manager
- Head of Operational Marketing and Communication
- Head of Cross-Channel Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Project Manager
- Head of Communication
- Trade Marketing
- Head of Development
- Net employment rate: 80%.
- 93% are in permanent employment
- 75% of working students found a job before graduation
- 100% of active graduates found a job in less than 6 months
- 90% are satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary with bonuses: €40,642
General information about the employment market
The factory of the future, marketing 4.0, innovation management, new food uses, consumers... this is a real revolution for the food industry.
Careers in Food:
Statistics based on the professional integration survey of 2023 for the 2022 graduates. Average gross calculated on the basis of the last 3 graduating classes (2020, 2021 and 2022).
Examples of food companies where our graduates work
Fleury Michon, Herta, Blédina, Agricultures & Territoires (Chambres d'agriculture)
Agri-Food Science Post-master degree tuition fees
- MS Marketing, Communication & Agrifood Engineering : €12,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €100, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2024-2025
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2024.
Contact our admission officers
Get the brochure