Oxford | English | Full-time
"Banking, Finance and FinTech" specialisation
Your Master in banking in a world-renowned Business School
With the Banking, Finance and FinTech specialisation, become a successful banking, finance and FinTech professional who can change the culture of your company. Become an expert in financial management and develop your knowledge and skills in areas such as retail banking, investment banking and FinTech tools.
Get ready to join a sector where demand is high. More and more companies and start-ups are looking for consultants, strategic analysts, business developers, project managers, etc. with expertise in financial technologies (FinTech).
This M2 Banking, Finance and Fintech programme has evolved considerably since its creation several years ago. These evolutions have notably allowed us to respond to interactions with bankers and Fintech entrepreneurs. This course addresses a wide range of key issues in these sectors.
The Master in banking programme
The Banking, Finance and FinTech specialisation of the Master in Management - Top 100 of the best Masters in Management worldwide in the Financial Times and QS rankings - consists of the following subjects:
- Financial Accounting
- Information System & Tools
- Entrepreneurship & Management
- Audit and financial risk management
- Financial Regulation
- Asset management
- Corporate governance
- Investment management
- International banking/International finance
Master the fundamentals of accounting, banking and finance. Through lessons in corporate finance and investment decisions, analyse the financial needs of companies, the services provided by banks and assess the quality of an investment project. Identify suitable financing solutions and estimate the profitability of these projects, especially in the banking sector. Learn how to use technology to meet the needs of your clients in the financial and banking sector. Make the best use of these new technologies to ensure an efficient and satisfactory service for your clients.
The programme assets
The M2 Banking, Finance and Fintech has evolved vigorously since its original conception. This evolution has responded to the interactions with bankers and Fintech entrepreneurs, and tackles some of the key issues in those sectors. Just a few cases:
EM Normandie Banking, Finance & Fintech programme is unique in its rounded approach:
- Graduates are highly competent on financials and banking and on technology,
- And all of that is complemented by an entrepreneurial mindset.
Bankers admit that traditional banks have been hopeless at attending the financial needs of Small & Medium Enterprises (SME) that do not fit neatly into their credit scoring models:
- Fintechs detected that failing early on and are working on penetrating that segment.
- The EM Normandie M2 in Banking, Finance and Fintech has a very defined focus on SME banking.
The hidden cost of poor governance in banking and Fintech can be extremely severe.
- Financial regulators and supervisors are demanding much higher standards of business ethics and corporate governance in banks.
- Board members and senior managers are eager to have competent professionals that help change the corporate culture.
- EM Normandie’s M2 is very strong on Business Ethics and Corporate Governance.
For all of the above reasons EM Normandie’s M2 in Banking, Finance and Fintech is unique amongst its peers and positions its graduates for fast-track careers in traditional banking; or in corporate finance in non-banking organisations; or for an entrepreneurial role in technology startups.
Work experience during the Master in banking
Professionalise yourself throughout your coursework with the EM Normandie's Master in Management, by multiplying the opportunities of internships, missions and challenges based on real company cases.
During the final year, accumulate professional experience and become a real expert in the field of banking, finance and FinTech:
- Fintech consulting project
- Consulting project in the banking sector
- Meetings with banking and fintech professionals in London
- Career path
- 4-to-6-month work placement
Career opportunities after the Master in banking
Thanks to this financial industry and banking industry specialisation, enter a career in finance, in traditional banking, corporate finance in non-banking organisations, in a non-banking organisation, join a financial institution or embark on an entrepreneurial position in a technology-oriented start-up.
- Remote customer advisor
- Strategic analysts
- Business Web Developer / Web Business Developer
- Project manager
- Project manager
- Financial analyst
- Finance courses
- Financial advisors