Doctorate in Business Administration
Doctorate in Business Administration
The DBA is designed to meet the growing demand from experienced executives wishing to develop strong skills in organizational and management fields.
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- Developing leadership skills in multiple areas of business and management
- Acquiring a wealth of academic knowledge that can be applied to a workplace environment
- Understanding and using a substantial body of knowledge
- Improving existing knowledge and professional practice
- An entry into the business world thanks to a strong network of business relationships between EM Normandie and companies worldwide
- A flexible schedule designed for active professionals
- A programme taught using innovative pedagogic approaches: short teaching session, web conferences, masterclass, international field trip
- A cursus taught by international professors and experts
Joining the DBA programme allow you to become an expert in a specific field of management. This programme offers you the opportunities to build your professional network and key competencies in top management skills.
Ever since its creation in 1871 as one of the oldest Business Schools in France, EM Normandie’s core mission has always been to train executives to face grand challenges. Our DBA programme is tailored for senior executives who are decision-makers and implement strategies in disruptive business environments. We would be delighted to welcome you to this programme.
Dean of EM Normandie
The EM Normandie DBA is a doctoral degree that allows you to join a community of academics, practitioners and experts, to quickly access advanced knowledge in areas of management business and administration. It is a valuable opportunity to enhance your expertise and business impact on unprecedented critical issues, through rigorous and tailor-made support by our doctoral Faculty. It is ”a must have” for any experienced decision-maker to be recognised as a thought leader in today’s highly competitive environment.
PhD, Academic Director DBA programme EM Normandie, Associate Professor
EM Normandie DBA programme is a doctoral degree in Management and Business and Administration, and as such the highest academic degree in this field. Embracing the DBA journey is a transformative experience! Once you get enrolled into the programme, we will provide you with the tools to contribute to the production and dissemination of applied science in the fields of management and business administration, to cultivate recognition in your field of expertise. You will develop methodological thinking skills, benefit from the support of a highly qualified Faculty, and develop a strong global network.
PhD, Research Dean EM Normandie, Associate Professor
- The first 18 months are dedicated to acquiring the fundamentals of business and management thanks to 10 three-day courses on an adapted schedule with classes on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- The second and third years are dedicated for students to conducting research and writing their thesis under the supervision of their director.
- At the end of the third year, a DBA committee authorizes the defense of the thesis with regard to the manuscript submitted at the end of the year.
- All courses are taught by experienced international professors and experts.
- Introduction to Research and DBA Business Case Development
- Qualitative Research Methodology
- Quantitative Research Methodology
- The marketing essentials for international business
- Changing paradigms in Supply Chain Management
- Towards global leadership? Leading across cultures
- Global Perspectives of Macroeconomics : International Trade
- International Business Management : International Finance, Economics and International Shipping
- Corporate Governance Structure : Organizational Strategy, Cooperation Strategy
- Enterprise Innovation Management : Marketing, Brand Management
- Advance research in Business and Management
- Relevant to practice via the application and development of theoretical frameworks, methods and techniques
This training programme is spread over three years:
5 core courses
5 consulting/practice-oriented courses
These courses are taught by international professors and experts on current key transformation drivers. For example :
- Master’s degree (including MBA and EMBA) with at least 5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) with at least 8 years of managerial experience or with at least 8 years of professional experience
- Or an equivalent professional qualification for candidates with the potential to meet the learning and research requirements of the programme
- Candidates should send their application files to the admission officer along with 100€ of application fees
- Candidates are short-listed based on the quality of their application, supporting documents and information provided.
- Selected candidates are invited for an online or face-to-face interview with the head of the programme.
- The interview clarifies the applicant’s projects, objectives, and the consistency of their choices with the programme.
- After the interview, applicants receive a notification of pre-admission (admitted/refused). Admitted applicants are invited to place a deposit, deductible from tuition fees, acting as a sear reservation in the programme.
- Applicants receive a final acceptance letter once the deposit has been received.
The programme is open to applicants holding one of the following degrees:
In order for students to benefit from optimal learning conditions, the number of places available in each programme session is limited. Available places are reviewed after each admission session. Whenever a cohort is full, admissions for the programme are closed.
How to apply?
Submit your application on the website.
Selections for the Doctorate in Business Administration are based on application file and individual motivation interview:
Tracking of registration
After the tuition fees payment, enrolled students receive a password access to the programme at: se.em-normandie.fr
For information on tuition fees regarding this programme, please contact the admission officer.