Master of Science (MSc) Banking, Finance and FinTech
After a 3 or 4-year Degree
In addition to giving students a solid skill base in banking and finance, the Master of Science Banking, Finance and FinTech develops real FinTech (financial technology) expertise.
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- 100% English-taught programme
- Course near London: the world’s leading financial centre and global FinTech capital
- Preparing students for an industry with growing needs from companies and startups working with remote consultants, strategic analysts, web business developers, project manager roles and more!
The Master of Science Banking, Finance and Fintech has evolved in response to the interactions with bankers and Fintech entrepreneurs, and tackles some of the key issues in those sectors. Thanks to its unique and rounded approach, students become experts in finance, banking and technology while cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset. While traditional banks have struggled to address the needs of SMEs, FinTechs have successfully penetrated this segment, creating many job opportunities along the way for future graduates. For all these reasons, this programme will put you on a fast track to employment in all aspects of Banking, Finance, or for an entrepreneurial role in technology startups.
Professor in Finance
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance
- Business Analytics Applying
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Introduction to Banking
- Consumer and SME Banking
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance and Investment Decisions
- Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Evolution and Industrial Organisation of the Fintech Sector
- Entrepreneurship Applied to Financial Services
- Banking Business Context: Root Causes of the Decline of the Western Order
- Consulting Project 1: Fintech
- Financial Instruments (Derivatives, Fixed Income Investments)
- Banking Regulations
- Taxation and Legal Aspects in Banking
- Audit and Risk Management
- Banking IT systems: Architecture and Data Security
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Asset Management
- Project Management in Technology
- Banking Business Context: Scenario Planning in the New Order
- Consulting Project 2: Banking
- Professional Meetings Bank / Fintechs in London
- 2 Consulting Projects: one with a bank and the other with a Fintech
- 4-to-6-month company internship in France or internationally
- Professional thesis
- Career path
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
The programme of the MSc Banking, Finance and FinTech covers all aspects of technology applied to the Banking sector.
Introduction to Programme
Banking I: Retail Banking
Banking II: M&A for Investment Banking
FinTech I: an emerging sector
Connecting to the real world I
Banking III: Investment Products
Banking IV: Compliance
Banking V: Operational risk management
Banking VI: Fiduciary Responsibility
Fintech III: Advanced Tools
Connecting to the real world II
- Candidates must hold a four-year degree in Higher Education (4-year Bachelor Degree, BBA, Master 1, or equivalent). Other profiles may be accepted in derogation from these criteria.
- This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent). Tuition fees on request.
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype. This interview helps clarify the applicants profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate's seat in the programme and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
More information about the Two-year MSc Track : 2-year MSc.
No English language test score is required for students holding a degree from an English-speaking university. For other applicants, language requirements are: TOEIC 790, IELTS 6, TOEFL 83.
Due to the covid-19 situation and the closure of some Exams Centres, we do offer the possibility for the candidate to take a Language Test online if needed for their application to one of our programme ; don’t hesitate to contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for our students to benefit from optimal learning conditions, places in our programmes are limited. The number of remaining places is reviewed after each admission session. Whenever a cohort is full, admissions for the programme are closed.
The application deadline for the next admission session is every 15th of the month.
In addition to the EM Normandie application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
- 94% net employment rate
- 100% on permanent contracts
- 26% work internationally
- 100% of graduates in employment found a job within 3 months
- 92% satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary including bonuses in similar roles : €54.495
General information about the employment market
FinTech uses technology to meet the needs of clients working in Finance and Banking. The industry’s purpose is making optimum use of technology so that it guarantees a more efficient service than traditional approaches to banking. While there are fewer jobs available in traditional Banking institutions, FinTech start-ups are growing. In just one year, the Joblift study revealed an average 14.1% monthly increase in FinTech jobs in France.
Examples of positions: Digital banking Project Manager, Product Manager at a Fintech, Financial Analyst at an investment bank, Corporate Analyst in a multinational, Financial Services startups Consultant at a professional services firm, SME Client Relationship Manager at a Fintech or Retail Bank
Integration of graduates
Statistics based on the professional integration survey of 2023 for the 2022 graduates. Average gross calculated on the basis of the last 3 graduating classes (2020, 2021 and 2022).
Example of companies where our graduates work
Mondelez International, Kantarmedia, Procter&Gamble, Thalès, Vivendi, Accor, BNP Paribas, KPMG, PwC.
Tuition fees and funding
- MSc Banking, Finance and FinTech: €19,900
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €95, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2023-2024
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2023.
Download the brochure