Post-master degree (MS®) Marketing, Communication and Agrifood Engineering
After a 4 or 5-year Degree
New food trends, Big Data and even marketing, there's no shortage of challenges facing the agri-food industry. industry and promote its values to consumers. its values to consumers.
This course has been designed with and for companies in the food sector. Its aim is to train experts in the agri-food
in marketing, communication and sales by developing three and sales by developing three main skills: Innovation, Digital and Responsibility.
Developed in partnership with the UniLaSalle engineering school, program not accredited by AACSB.
4th in Eduniversal's national ranking
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- A double competence, managerial and scientific, thanks to the partnership between an engineering school and a business school
- Teaching provided by professionals from the agri-food sector (consultants, experts and company managers)
- Professional training alternating between missions and challenges in companies, business dating, professional conferences, etc.
With more than 170 billion euros in annual revenues, the Food Industry is a major player in France, Europe, in the Middle East and throughout the world. Normandy, a historically agricultural region and agri-food industry is a land of exceptional hospitality for cooperatives, SMEs and agri food business mutlinationals. Based on a field pedagogy, this post-master degree provides future executives of the agri-food sector with dual Marketing and Scientific competence, which is essential to respond to this industry’s issues, and trains tomorrow’s decision-makers in an inspired, involved, social, and innovative way.
Laëtitia CONDAMIN and Tarek ABID
- Monitoring and strategic analysis of food markets
- Design and construction of an ad hoc research strategy
- Formulation of managerial recommendations for the implementation of a marketing strategy
- Defining and designing a marketing strategy
- Managing a portfolio of food products
- Definition and management of marketing plans for food products
- Drawing up and managing communication campaigns for food brands
- Identifying sustainable innovation alternatives for a food product
- Designing and/or adapting a food brand product or product range
- Assessing the attractiveness of a new food product development project
- Defining and implementing the commercial strategy for a food product or product range
- Ethics and sustainability in food marketing
- Internal communication and sustainability
- HR roles of the manager
- Strategic problematisation
- Research methodology
- Communication of results
- Serious Game, Markstrat® Simulation, focused on the marketing strategy of a company in the B2C sector.
- 2 two-week in-company challenges: market research and digital communication.
- 5-week in-company assignment: working in groups on a real-life business problem. Depending on the year, the themes may include: developing a new food product range, creating a co-branding offer for a champagne brand, proposing a marketing strategy for a new food brand (or for a social economy company).
- 6-month internship, in France or abroad.
- Professional thesis or dissertation.
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
The coursework takes place on the UniLaSalle campus in Mont-Saint-Aignan, near Rouen.
The programme values the link between academic theoretical input and real case studies, which enable you to develop the analytical skills and the detached viewpoint required of future experts in the agri-food business.
Analysis of the food market and assessment of its development potential
Development and management of marketing strategies for food products and brands
Developing and marketing innovative food products
Managing marketing teams from a sustainability perspective
Solving complex marketing and managerial problems in the food sector
- Master's degree or equivalent ("Bac+ 5" or 5 years after secondary education / Baccalaureate)
- 4-year undergraduate degree with 3 years of professional experience (internships excluded).
- If French is not the candidate’s first language, a language certification (DELF/DALF = C1)
- Exceptionally the admissions board may accept applications that do not meet the formal criteria listed above but appear exceptional on other aspects (academic excellence, community work, international experience, internships, etc.)
- Selection based on examination of the application file: seriousness of the application, quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Remote interview with an academic advisor: to find out more about the applicant, his/her plans and objectives. The admission decision (admitted, refused) is made a few days after the interview.
- Admitted candidates receive a formal e-mail inviting them to pay a deposit (deductible from tuition fees), which enables them to reserve their place on the programme and triggers a final letter of acceptance.
- your CV,
- your most recent diploma,
- your transcripts from previous years and your certificate of enrolment for the current year,
- your covering letter,
- a copy of your ID (front and back) or passport,
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
The programme is open to students holding the following degrees:
Supporting documents required for the application:
In addition to the EM Normandie application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
Additional information for funded applicants
Funded applicants are asked to gather the necessary information as soon as possible so that the administrative documents can be drawn up in good time.
- Brand Manager
- Category Manager
- Head of Operational Marketing and Communication
- Head of Cross-Channel Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Project Manager
- Head of Communication
- Trade Marketing
- Head of Development
- Net employment rate: 80%.
- 75% of working students found a job before graduation
- 100% of active graduates found a job in less than 6 months
- 90% are satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary with bonuses: €40,600
General information about the employment market
The factory of the future, marketing 4.0, innovation management, new food uses, consumers... this is a real revolution for the food industry.
Careers in Food:
Statistics based on the professional integration survey of 2023 for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 graduates.
Examples of food companies where our graduates work
Fleury Michon, Ferrero, Herta, Blédina, Chambres d’agriculture.
Agri-Food Science Post-master degree tuition fees
- MS Marketing, Communication & Agrifood Engineering : €12,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €100, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2024-2025
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2024.
Contact our admission officers
Get the brochure