Post-master degree (MS®) Territorial Development Strategy
After a 4 or 5-year Degree
The MS Territorial Development Strategy trains specialists in local development, at the service of companies and territories. It combines theoretical knowledge and concrete case studies in order to sharpen the spirit of analysis and to provide the necessary hindsight to develop territories in a strategic approach of multi-level actors.
3rd in Eduniversal's national ranking
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- Build, adapt and manage a territorial project from the scale of a neighbourhood to that of a region.
- Master the tools and codes of public policy to unite representatives of companies and local authorities around a common vision.
- Mobilise an academic culture and technical knowledge of territorial strategies to advise and support project leaders.
- Benefit from personalised support through the Career Path.
- 2 residential seminars in Normandie (Deauville) and internationally (Brussels or Oxford).
- Territorial intelligence seminars.
- Possible financing on file by the Normandy Region for Norman job seekers.
- A Double Degree: Specialised MS and listed on the National Registry of Occupations (RNCP level 7 "Développeur économique territorial (MS)" registered under the code RNCP36528)
- Validate your professional and personal experience by preparing this title through VAE
A longstanding course at EM Normandie, the MS Territorial Development Strategy has been running for almost 30 years and evolved over that time to meet the needs of the sector. This is a unique programme among management schools in France and Europe. It has been accredited and for many years has been one of the best courses in Public Sector Management. Its academic quality stems from a careful combination of established staff and recognised expert contributors who offer proven experience in their sector. Advantageous study abroad opportunities also gives students the chance to develop synergies and relationships outside the usual classroom or business environment while observing and analysing different development contexts. This course also has longstanding links to territory partners, with a significant network of local stakeholders. These trusting relationships and recognition have developed over time.
- Societies and territories
- Diagnosis and territorial analysis
- Developer's workshop
- Territorial foresight
- Territorial intelligence seminar
- Cartography and Geographic Information Systems
- Spatial planning and urban development
- Financing territorial development
- Decentralisation law and territorial reform
- Collaborative projects and workshops (in partnership with Sciences Po)
- Financing and public procurement
- Tourism and residential economy
- Territorial marketing and attractiveness
- Social and solidarity economy
- Governance and sustainable territorial development
- Circularity and territories
- Territorial ecosystem of innovation
- Territorial animation
- Supporting local businesses
- Internationalisation of companies and CSR
- Consulting and regional development
- Support to business in the region
- Leading and managing projects
- Seminar in Deauville
- Seminar in Brussels
- Career Path
- Surveys and survey processing
- Dissertation methodology
- Academic dissertation or professional thesis
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
The programme combines theoretical knowledge and concrete case studies to develop the spirit of analysis and provide the necessary hindsight for territorial development.
Development policies and strategies
Transitions: governance and territories
Transitions: companies and territories
Applied territorial development
Development of cross-cutting skills
3 weeks per month in the company / 1 week of classes at the School, from September to July, then full-time in the company until the end of the contract.
Work-study contract of 12 months maximum (under specific conditions for international students).
- Master's degree or equivalent ("Bac+ 5" or 5 years after secondary education / Baccalaureate)
- 4-year undergraduate degree with 3 years of professional experience (internships excluded).
- If French is not the candidate’s first language, a language certification (DELF/DALF = C1)
- Exceptionally the admissions board may accept applications that do not meet the formal criteria listed above but appear exceptional on other aspects (academic excellence, community work, international experience, internships, etc.)
- Selection based on examination of the application file: seriousness of the application, quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Remote interview with an academic advisor: to find out more about the applicant, his/her plans and objectives. The admission decision (admitted, refused) is made a few days after the interview.
- Admitted candidates receive a formal e-mail inviting them to pay a deposit (deductible from tuition fees), which enables them to reserve their place on the programme and triggers a final letter of acceptance.
- your CV,
- your most recent diploma,
- your transcripts from previous years and your certificate of enrolment for the current year,
- your covering letter,
- a copy of your ID (front and back) or passport,
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
The programme is open to students holding the following degrees:
Supporting documents required for the application:
In addition to the EM Normandie application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
Additional information for funded applicants
Funded applicants are asked to gather the necessary information as soon as possible so that the administrative documents can be drawn up in good time.
- Economic Development Officer
- Business creation and development officer
- Economic and territorial developer
- Territorial business engineer
- Project manager in territorial development
- Economic, urban and sustainable development project manager
- Territorial development officer
- Net employment rate: 82%
- 75% have the executive status
- 81% of active graduates found a job in less than 3 months
- 94% are satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary with bonuses: €45,100
Statistics based on the professional integration survey of 2023 for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 graduates.
Some examples of companies where our graduates work
Regional councils, town halls, urban communities, economic development agencies, urban planning agencies, semi-public companies, local authorities, territorial attractiveness agencies, consultancy firms, associations.
Private companies: Veolia, Engie, Bouygues Immobilier
Tuition fees and funding
- MS Territorial Development Strategy : €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €100, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2024-2025
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2024.
Funding available from the Normandy region for jobseekers from Normandy (places are limited).
Contact our admission officers
Get the brochure