Master of Science (MSc) International Logistics and Port Management
After a 3 or 4-year Degree
The MSc International Logistics and Port Management aims to equip students with skills in all roles linked to the overall management of logistics flows, to organising international transport and to managing port operations.
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- 100% English-taught programme with over 75% of international students
- Courses taught in Le Havre, a leading port town, facilitating collaboration with industry and port stakeholders through challenges, seminars and company visits
- Lectures from experts with international reputations
- Annual Logistics Forum (networking with professionals, job offers)
- The IPER (Port Institute for Education and Research) offers shipping and port expertise
- A cohort of a manageable size and close individual monitoring
The MSc International Logistics and Port Management has been developed to provide knowledge and competence in logistics management and transportation processes. The teaching approach integrates a Business Case Challenge, a professional escape game and other simulations tenders based on digital tools making it possible to consider both economic and ecological aspects in a region home to the first port of France and which has gained international recognition.
Moacir GODINHO FILHO
Lecturer and researcher in supply chain management
- Basics of Logistics and Supply Chain
- Process Engineering
- SAP Software
- Mastering in Excel
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Chain Audit
- Cost and Revenue Management
- Operation and Quality Management
- Warehousing and Distribution Management
- Low Carbon Logistics
- Responsible Supply Chain Management
- Business Case Competition
- Career Path
- Research Methodology and Dissertation Outlines
- Contemporary Issues in International Trade
- Legal Aspects Of Logistics
- Risk Management
- Maritime Transport
- Multimodal Transport
- Shipping Business Strategy
- Port Logistics and Community
- Digital Project
- Logistics Simulation
- SAP Project
- Professional Techniques
- Conflict Management
- Career Path
- Business Case Competition
- Internship 4 months minimum
- Professional thesis
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
- Candidates must hold a four-year degree in Higher Education (4-year Bachelor Degree, BBA, Master 1, or equivalent). Other profiles may be accepted in derogation from these criteria.
- This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent). Tuition fees on request.
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype. This interview helps clarify the applicants profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate's seat in the programme and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
More information about the Two-year MSc Track : 2-year MSc.
No English language test score is required for students holding a degree from an English-speaking university. For other applicants, language requirements are: TOEIC 790, IELTS 6, TOEFL 83.
Due to the covid-19 situation and the closure of some Exams Centres, we do offer the possibility for the candidate to take a Language Test online if needed for their application to one of our programme ; don’t hesitate to contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for our students to benefit from optimal learning conditions, places in our programmes are limited. The number of remaining places is reviewed after each admission session. Whenever a cohort is full, admissions for the programme are closed.
The application deadline for the next admission session is every 15th of the month.
In addition to the EM Normandie application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
- 94% net employment rate
- 25% work internationally
- 77% of students in employment found a job before graduating;
- 85% of graduates in employment found a job within 3 months
- 90% satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary including bonuses in similar roles : €44.500
General information about the employment market
The logistics industry is dynamic and operating smoothly. Currently responsible for over 2 million jobs in France, the market is set to expand by around 1.5% per year. The constant growth of e-commerce supported by new technologies, related consumer habits and the impact of big data are creating change and causing companies, particularly in industry, to rethink how they are organised and how their systems operate. New skills such as interdisciplinary expertise are expected, with more capacity to progress in an international and multicultural environment where mobility and the ability to bring together virtual teams are the keys to success.
Examples of job positions
Container Fleet Manager, International Transport Coordinator, Port Safety Consultant, Combined Transport Flow Manager, Port Operations Officer, Marine Berth Planner, Supply Officer, Project Engineer in Logistics, Operational Cost Manager, International Customer Relationship Manager.
Integration of graduates
Statistics based on the professional integration survey of 2023 for the 2022 graduates. Average gross calculated on the basis of the last 3 graduating classes (2020, 2021 and 2022).
Example of companies where our graduates work
United Nations, Airbus, STEF, Naval Group, CMA CGM, Maersk, MSC, Evergreen, Bolloré, Naviland Cargo.
Tuition fees and funding
- MSc International Logistics and Port Management: €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €95, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2023-2024
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2023.
Download your content