Master of Science (MSc) Marketing and Digital in Luxury and Lifestyle
After a 3 or 4-year Degree
The objective of this programme is to train managers in Marketing, Communication and Digital Marketing, in all fields in the Luxury and Lifestyle Sectors (fashion and accessories, perfume and cosmetics industry, Luxury hospitality and haute cuisine, wines and spirits, jewellery and watches, and decorative ware tableware). The programme is designed to meet the requirements and needs of Luxury recruiters in search of candidates with digital and marketing competencies, as well as managers who perfectly embody the standards and values luxury ecosystem.
Head of Project Senior Visual Merchandising at Cartier
After her BTS in Business Unit Management, Estelle joined EM Normandie. Thanks to her internships, she was able to confirm her attraction for showcasing products in the window. Today she develops the decorations for Cartier's windows all over the world.
7th in Eduniversal's national ranking
- Strong points
- Tuition fees and funding
- Luxury culture and familiarity with the sources of inspiration of Luxury
- Marketing and understanding the expectations of Luxury customers
- Digital Marketing with a large focus on social media comprehension
- Management in the Luxury sector and learning the characteristics of the Luxury Market
This marketing course is structured around 4 main training areas
Located in the Paris region, this programme is given by EM Normandie Business School. Normandy is for sure emblematic of the Luxury industry (Christian Dior’s birthplace, Chanel’s roots, Hermès manufactures, etc.) and EM Normandie possesses cutting-edge expertise in the fields of marketing and digital technologies. Moreover, the programme has an exclusive partnership with the Institut National des Métiers d’Art.
Élodie DE BOISSIEU
Researcher in Marketing
- Consulting project to create a strategy for the diversification of a Luxury brand.
- Consulting project to create a digital strategy for a Luxury brand.
- Consulting project co-constructed with Institut National des Métiers d’Arts and Entreprises du Patrimoine Vivant
- 1 week-long business challenge to “create a digital native monobrand in the Luxury sector from scratch“.
- «1 ESG week» about luxury corporate stategies in terms of CSR
- Internship: 6 months starting in May or June
- Professional thesis.
- Guerlain, Céline, Le Bon Marché, Christian Dior, Séphora, etc. (LVMH Group)
- Boucheron (Kering Group), Mellerio dits Mellers and other famous jewellers based in Place Vendôme in Paris
- The Plaza Athénée Palace (Dorchester Group), a global leader within the Luxury hotel sector
- Cristalleries de Saint-Louis (Hermès Group), JM Weston, L’Oréal Group, Champagne Drappier, Louis XIII (Remi Cointreau Group), Arthus Bertrand, Faïencerie de Gien and other luxury players
- Well-known “made in Normandy” and made in France such as Saint-James, Christofle, Lampe Berger, Kusmi Tea, Le Parapluie de Cherbourg, Arthus Bertrand, «entreprises du patrimoine vivant» companies, Barriere hospitality group (Le Fouquet’s, Le Normandie),....
Evaluation criteria for the course
All components of the student's education are evaluated: academic learnings, internships, missions, challenges, dissertations, study stays in partner universities. For academic learnings, continuous assessment generally accounts for 40% and the final exam accounts for the remaining 60%. Evaluations may also take the form of case studies, role-playing, group work, etc. Professionalisation (work-study, internships, missions, challenges) and, where appropriate, the corresponding report, will be evaluated jointly by the teaching team and the company.
The programme provides a 360° vision of the challenges and issues related to the Luxury industry.
Brand management and responsibility in luxury
Brand management in Luxury
Ethics and sustainability in Luxury
Business models in luxury
Comparative strategies in Luxury
Supply chain management and sourcing
Communication and digital in luxury
Corporate communication and event
Social media, e-reputation and influence in Luxury
Digital development in luxury
Digital marketing strategy and project
Web development in Luxury
Economic performance in luxury
Monitoring KPI of digital marketing strategies
Finance and budget in Luxury
Business models and performance
Cases in ethical and sustainable development
Change management and organisational transformation
Critical Issues in management
Digital disruption and Industry 4.0
Digitalisation and corporate finance
Leading in multicultural environments
Experiential in luxury
Digital native monobrand experimentation
International environment in luxury
New consumers in Luxury
Human resources policy in an international environment
International legal environment of Luxury brands
French touch and Savoir-faire*
*For this course, a minority of masterclasses may be provided in French according to the choice of our professional hosts
Marketing activation in luxury
Building a collection in Luxury
Distribution and merchandising in Luxury
Challenge in marketing and digital
Several Leaving Heritage Houses to audit during one semester with Institut National des Métiers d’Arts sponsorship
Personal and professional branding
French as a Foreign Language (optional)
Creation of the Master of Science luxury programme
A wide variety of Luxury companies offered their support. They will participate in the School Development Council and/or in the “French touch and Savoir-Faire” tour provided to the students during their training:
- Candidates must hold a four-year degree in Higher Education (4-year Bachelor Degree, BBA, Master 1, or equivalent). Other profiles may be accepted in derogation from these criteria.
- This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent). Tuition fees on request.
- Selection based on examination of the application file: seriousness of the application, quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Remote interview with an academic advisor: to find out more about the applicant, his/her plans and objectives. The admission decision (admitted, refused) is made a few days after the interview.
- Admitted candidates receive a formal e-mail inviting them to pay a deposit (deductible from tuition fees), which enables them to reserve their place on the programme and triggers a final letter of acceptance.
- your CV,
- your most recent diploma,
- your transcripts from previous years and your certificate of enrolment for the current year,
- your covering letter,
- a copy of your ID (front and back) or passport,
Well-being and Inclusion
Inclusion of students with disabilities
For several years now, EM Normandie has been committed to the inclusion of students with disabilities and has been striving to make it as easy as possible for them to learn, to continue their studies, to live socially within the school and to find employment. Specific training for its teachers and support services, school facilities, digital accessibility, etc. EM Normandie promotes values of equal opportunities and respect for differences, through the sharing of an inclusive culture and the continuous development of its practices. Are you disabled or have a chronic disabling illness? We can provide you with comprehensive support, whether it be in the context of your classes/exams, your search for internships, work-study programmes or jobs, or even in preparing for your expatriation.
Selection based on application file and individual motivation interview.
Guide d'utilisation de la plateforme de candidature
Eligibility for application
More information about the Two-year MSc Track : 2-year MSc.
No English language test score is required for students holding a degree from an English-speaking university. For other applicants, language requirements are: TOEIC 790, IELTS 6, TOEFL 83.
Supporting documents required for the application:
In addition to the EM Normandie application form, international candidates must approach their local Campus France office to facilitate the process of obtaining their visa. Once the down payment has been received, the School will help International students with their visa procedures and search for accommodation.
Additional information for funded applicants
Funded applicants are asked to gather the necessary information as soon as possible so that the administrative documents can be drawn up in good time.
- 89% net employment rate
- 78% on permanent contracts
- 100% of graduates in employment found a job within 4 months
- 100% satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary including bonuses in similar roles : €41.300
- Product manager
- Brand manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Customer experience manager
- Events manager
- CRM manager
- Category manager
- Traffic manager
- E-commerce manager
- Community Manager
General information regarding the employment market
Valued at more than 1,5 trillion of euros (source: Bain & Co) in 2023 with a double digit-growth (+10%), the luxury market is currently proving resilient in the face of global crisis, driven in particular by Chinese consumers (representing 40% of personal luxury goods market by 2030) and Millenials (55% of the market by 2030) as well as online sales. Understanding the digital behaviour that is much more advanced for these specific new targets of luxury is key for luxury players. Moreover, providing different and meaningful seamless experiences across the whole customer journey of luxury consumers is strategic. Finally, being in the fore-front on sustainability and new technologies will also be at the core of corporates’ strategies. For luxury players, this will involve identifying atypical skills and profiles, marked by both an affinity towards Luxury culture, heritage and experience and advanced digital expertise
Integration of graduates
Employment data for 2020, 2021 and 2022 graduates (based on the 2023 employability survey) :
Examples of positions
After completing your training in digital marketing in the luxury sector, you will be able to work as :
Tuition fees and funding
- MSc Marketing and Digital in Luxury and Lifestyle: €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
- €50 charged to candidates in order to study their profile
- The contribution to CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus), amounting to €100, by connecting to the dedicated plaftorm.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform
This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods
Tuition Fees for 2024-2025
Fees for students enrolling for the first time in 2024.
Contact our admission officers
Download the brochure